Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some Wins & Losses

Scorecard:

  • Impulse Purchase of new computer: Win! (Did not purchase)
  • Lunch Out (today): Loss (Mini-win: No beverage purchased with lunch)
  • Monster: Loss
  • Clear/Amber-lens motorcycle glasses: Win! **
  • Dinner Out (today): Win! (Eggs & Toast. Don't laugh, I can't yet cook many dishes...)
Today's Tally:
3.5 W - 2 L

After both feeling under the weather, and recovering from some computer downtime (filesystem failure = fun!) over the weekend I have returned. I must begrudgingly admit to briefly considering purchasing financing a new computer out of frustration. (I'm currently using a 2005 PPC Mac Mini*)... The good news is that I did NOT pay the impatience tax this time. A reinstall and some TLC to my application preferences and it's running like new!

Even with my small lost battles, I feel that I've begun taking the first steps forward and it is invigorating. Sparing the whole cliché, "Even the longest journey..."

All things considered, since internally committing myself to this blog I've paid much more attention to every purchase. Saying no to myself is hard, but not as hard as I thought.

On an unrelated note (and contrary to what I wrote in the introduction blog) I have no initial expectations of anyone other than myself really reading this blog, an ulterior motive for writing is to refine my style -- I may have something interesting to say someday and I'd like to have at least a basic ability to express myself. But, on the off chance you're reading this and you're not me... let me know what you think. I'm all for some constructive feedback!


*I have to say until this past weekend it has performed spectacularly!

** Going to the local Honda & Harley dealers over lunch today was such a tease... Don't go places where everything is a fabulous, expensive toy...

No comments:

Post a Comment