Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sputtering to a Start

 So over a month has passed, and I'm still not "blogging". What to put out there is a challenging personal question for me. I am proud to say that I haven't made an impulse spend since my birthday; that's a win. If my projections are correct and I stay true to my intentions, the end of July was my financial "rock-bottom". I had very small gains in September and aim to continue that trend from negative to positive. Something I now feel very strongly about is living debt-free, and while I know the road ahead is long and will be fraught with temptation and set-backs, I am now more determined than ever to get out of debt.

I've decided that debt is too heavy of a psychological burden for me to bear, and I shouldn't have to carry it. The phrase "carrying debt" is literal, I didn't understand that until just recently.

I hope to write more frequently than, well, monthly. My goal is to post (at least) once weekly through October. Now begins the work.


No comments:

Post a Comment