Friday, August 8, 2008

Step 1: The Catch-Up

I've been terribly lazy about my finances of late, and as a result, I'm pretty much back where I began. I was doing well, making great headway all things considered - But in two short months I undid what I had worked six months to achieve.

So - Here it begins... again. I'm not going to post expenses until the end of the month, but an interesting note - I've spent $20 on Monster drinks already this month! They are the first thing to go. OUCH. (Not to mention the probable negative health aspects of drinking those things...)

I'm going to try to get the "low-hanging fruit" savings first. Lunches out, bar, and such will have to be on hold for a while. I know that at the moment this blog is totally generic. I agree, it sucks but I figure that I will have some spare time on my hands as I begin reeling in the social life a bit. I have a handful of social obligations left to fulfill for the summer (Concerts for which I've already paid, and family gatherings) but they should be of modest expense - hopefully just gas.

On the subject of gas, I have to say - if you have the means, get a motorcycle or scooter! What more fun could you have getting to work?! On a 25-year-old motorcycle I get twice the gas mileage of a newer car, and really enjoy my ride to work. I'll admit, it's not for everyone, but if you've ever thought about it - it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment